- Repetition of an activity to improve skill.
verb (practicing, practiced, practiced)
- He will need lots of with those lines before he performs them.
- The ongoing pursuit of a craft or profession, particularly in medicine or the fine arts.
- She ran a thriving medical .
- The observance of religious duties which a Church requires of its members.
- A customary action, habit, or behavior; a manner or routine.
- It is the usual of employees there to wear neckties only when meeting with customers.
- It is good to check each door and window before leaving.
- To repeat an activity as a way of improving one's skill.
- To perform or execute a craft or skill.
Etymology: See practise.
- He practiced law for 19 years.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for practice for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of practice