- A vessel used for cooking or store, storing food.
- (poker) The money wagered in poker or similar games.
- (rfv-sense) (poker) A round in a poker game.
- A trap for catching lobsters, crabs, or fish.
- (context, slang, uncountable) marijuana, cannabis.
- (archaic) An iron hat with a broad brim.
- 1786, The pot is an iron hat with broad brims: there are many under the denomination in the Tower, said to have been taken from the French; one of them is represented in plat 7, fig. 1 and 2. — Francis Grose, A Treatise on Ancient Armour and Weapons, page 12.
- A glass of beer. Size varies regionally but is normally 10 fl oz (285 ml).
- A potshot
- (slang) A protruding belly; a paunch.
- (slang) ruin, Ruin or deterioration.
verb (pots, potting, potted, potted)
- His prospect went to .
- (context, sports, billiards, snooker, pool) The act of causing a ball to fall into a pocket.
- To put (something) into a pot.
- To preserve by bottle, bottling or canning, e.g. potted meat
- (context, snooker, billiards, pool, etc.) To cause a ball to fall into a pocket.
- To send someone to gaol, expeditiously.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pot for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of pot