- A long dowel (or plank) protruding from the ground; a fence post; a light post.
- An assigned station; a guard post.
- A location on a basketball court near the basket.
- A particular method of sending mail; sent via .
- (construction) : a stud; a two-by-four.
- (vocal music, esp. a cappella): a prolonged final melody note, among moving harmony notes.
- A pole in a battery
- To hang a notice in a conspicuous manner for general review.
- Post no bills.
- To send mail.
- Mail items posted before 7.00pm within the Central Business District and before 5.00pm outside the Central Business District will be delivered the next working day.
- (internet) To send a message to a Usenet newsgroup or to a mailing list; to save a message on a blog.
- I couldn't figure it out so I posted a question on Usenet.
- (poker) To pay a blind
- Since Jim was new to the game, he had to $4 in order to receive a hand.
Etymology: From and post, from postis.
- with the post, on post-horses, with speed
- sent via the postal service
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for post for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of post