- A place on the coast at which ships can shelter, or dock to load and unload cargo or passengers.
- A town or city containing such a place.
- (nautical) (uncountable) The left-hand side of a vessel when one is facing the front.
- (obsolete) To carry, bear, or transport.
- (military) To hold a weapon with both hands diagonally across the body
- To transfer from one state to another.
- (computing) To adapt a program so that it works on a different platform.
- (nautical) Of or relating to port, the left-hand side of a vessel.
- on the port side
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for port for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of port