- A bag stitched to an item of clothing, used for carrying small items.
- (context, sports, billiards, snooker, pool) A net or similar struture at each corner, and halfway along the edge, of a billiard table into which balls are to be struck.
- An enclosed volume of one substance surrounded by another.
- The drilling expedition discovered a pocket of natural gas.
- An area of land surrounded by a loop of a river (Australian English)
- (aussie-rules) The area of the field to the side of the goal posts (four pockets in total on the field, one to each side of the goals at each end of the ground). The pocket is only a roughly defined area, extending from the behind post, at an angle, to perhaps about 30 metres out.
adjective (no (compar) or (superl))
- To put (something) into a pocket.
- (context, sports, billiards, snooker, pool) To cause a ball to go into one of the pockets of the table.
- (slang) To take and keep (especially money) that is not one's own.
- Of a size suitable for putting into a pocket.
- pocket dictionary
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pocket for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of pocket