verb (plot, t, ing)
- The general course of a story including significant events that determine its course or significant patterns of events.
- An area or land used for building on or planting on.
- A plan to commit a crime.
- A graph or diagram drawn by hand or produced by a mechanical or electronic device.
- (transitive) To conceive (a crime, etc).
- They had plotted'' a robbery.
- (transitive) To trace out (a graph or diagram).
- They plotted the number of edits per day.
- (transitive) To mark (a point on a graph, chart, etc).
- Every five minutes they plotted their position.
- (intransitive) To conceive a crime, misdeed, etc.
- ''They were plotting against the king.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for plot for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of plot