- A type of pastry that consists of an outer crust and a filling.
verb (pie, d)
- The family had steak and kidney for dinner and cherry for dessert.
- Extended to other, non-pastry dishes that maintain the general concept of a shell with a filling.
- Shepherd's is made of mince covered with mashed potato.
- (context, Northeastern US) pizza, Pizza.
- (context, printing) A disorderly mess of spilt type.
- (context, cricket) An especially badly bowled ball.
- (obsolete) (British India) a unit of currency, equivalent to 1/192 of a Rupee or 1/3 of a paisa.
- (transitive) To hit in the face with a pie, either for comic effect or as a means of protest (see also pieing).
Etymology: From , unknown origin.
- I'd like to see someone the chairman of the board.
(trans-top, to hit in the face with a pie)
- (transitive) To go around (a corner) in a guarded manner.
(trans-top, to go around (a corner) in a guarded manner)
- Finnish: kakuttaa
- French: entarter
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pie for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of pie