- A tool used for digging.
- A comb with long teeth, for use with tightly curled hair.
- A choice.
- (basketball) A screen
- (lacrosse) An offensive tactic in which a player stands so as to block a defender from reaching a teammate.
- An interception.
- (baseball) A good defensive play by an infielder
- (baseball) Short for pick-off
- (music) a tool used for strumming the strings of a guitar
- To grasp and pull with the fingers or fingernails.
Etymology: (v.) pician and Old Norse pikka "to prick, to peck", from Proto-Indo-European
- Don't at that scab.
- To remove a fruit or plant for consumption.
- It's time to the tomatoes.
- Decide between options.
- I'll the one with the nicest name.
- (cricket) to recognise the type of ball being bowled by a bowler by studying the position of the hand and arm as the ball is released
- He didn't the googly, and was bowled.
- pek-<br />(n.) variant of pike
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pick for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of pick