- The amount, number or rate of something, regarded as part of a total of 100; a part of a whole.
Etymology: From per centum, "for every hundred", + -age.
- A high of secondary school leavers take a gap year.
- A share of the profits.
- She gets a for every vacuum cleaner sold.
- (informal) benefit, Benefit or advantage.
- There was no in staying at home.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for percentage for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of percentage