- One of a set of parallel lines.
- A line of latitude.
verb (parallels, paralleling or parallelling (British only), paralleled or parallelled (British only))
- The 31st passes through the center of my town.
- An arrangement of electrical components such that a current flows along two or more paths; see in parallel
- To construct something parallel to something else.
- Of a path etc: To be parallel to something else.
- Of a process etc: To be analogous to something else.
- To compare or liken something to something else.
- Of two or more (straight) lines, (flat) surfaces etc: equally, Equally distant from one another at all points.
Etymology: From Ancient Greek < + á
- The horizontal lines on my notebook paper are parallel.
- parallel to: Of one thing, relative to another: Equally distant from at all points.
- The railway line runs to the road.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for parallel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of parallel