- Equal value; equality of nominal and actual value; the value expressed on the face or in the words of a certificate of value, as a bond or other commercial paper.
- Equality of condition or circumstances.
- (golf) The allotted number of strokes to reach the hole.
verb (parr, ing)
- He needs to make this shot for par.
- Young salmon (also spelled parr)
- (context, transitive, golf) To reach the hole in the allotted number of strokes
- He will need to every hole in order to win this game.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for par for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of par