- Common name for a cultivated flowering plant, Viola tricolor hortensis, derived from heartsease; many garden varieties are hybrids.
- (colour) A deep purple colour, like that of the pansy.
- <table><tr><td>pansy colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 604E97" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- (context, pejorative, slang) A male homosexual, especially one who is effeminate.
- (slang) A timid man or boy.
Etymology: From the French pensée, thought, as the plant resembles someone that is in deep thought, with a lowered head.
- wimpy, Wimpy; spineless; feeble.
- (colour) Of a deep purple colour, like that of the pansy.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pansy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of pansy