- (transitive) To have rightful possession of (property, goods or capital).
- I own this car.
- (transitive) To acknowledge responsibility for.
- I have to own this problem.
- (transitive) To admit.
- It is difficult, I own, to guard against it in so arduous a struggle - Lord Byron.
- (transitive) To defeat or make an embarrassment out of (Slang, used especially in online gaming most commonly in a form of to get owned, also see ownage)
- I will own my enemies.
- If you do that you will get owned
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for own for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of own