Etymology: out- + line
- A line marking the boundary of an object figure
- The shape of an object or figure
- A sketch or drawing in which objects are delineated in contours without shading
- A general description of some subject
- A statement summarize, summarizing the important points of a text
- A preliminary plan of a project
- (italbrac, film industry) A prose telling of a story intended to be turned into a screenplay; generally longer and more detailed than a treatment.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for outline for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of outline