noun (wikipedia, office, office (building or room))
- A building or room where clerical or professional duties are performed.
- A bureau, an administrative unit of government.
- A position of responsibility of some authority within an organisation.
- ("good office") mediation, Mediation or help in resolve, resolving a dispute.
Etymology: From officium.
- The UN Secretary General uses what is termed his "good offices" (generally meaning his prestige and the weight of the world community he represents) when he meets with world leaders, either publicly or privately, in an effort to prevent international disputes from developing, escalating or spreading.
- rite, ceremonial observance of social or religious nature
- religious service, especially a liturgy officiated by a Christian priest or minister
- major administrative division, notably in certain governmental administrations, either at ministry level (e.g. the British Home Office) or within or dependent on such a department
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for office for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of office