- (countable) A tree of the genus Quercus, bearing acorns and having lobed leaf, leaves.
- (uncountable) The wood of the oak.
- (colour) a rich brown colour, like that of oak wood.
- <table><tr><td>oak colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 80461B" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
Etymology: Old English ac, Äc, from Germanic
- Made from the wood of the oak tree
- (colour) of a rich brown colour, like that of oak wood.
- aiks. Cognate with Dutch eik, German Eiche, Swedish ek.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for oak for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of oak