- (context, usually in plural) A string or strip of pasta, especially as used in Chinese food.
verb (noodles, noodling, noodled)
- Although "spaghetti" is considered to be Italian, Marco Polo brought the back from the far East (specifically, Beijing.)
- (colloquial) A person with poor judgement; a fool.
- (colloquial) The brain.
- (context, fishing) To fish (usually for very large catfish) without any equipment other than the fisherman's own body
Etymology: nodus, knot, via German Nudel (noodle).
- Fred had several lacerations on his hands from noodling for flathead in the river.
- To think or ponder.
- He noodled over the problem for a day or two before making a decision.
- To fiddle, play with, or mess around.
- If the machine is really broken, noodling with the knobs is not going to fix it.
- To improvise music.
- He has been noodling with that trumpet all afternoon, and every bit of it sounds awful.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for noodle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of noodle