- (countable) The period between sunset and sunrise, when a location faces far away from the sun, thus when the sky is dark.
- (countable) An evening or night spent at a particular activity.
Etymology: From , from niht
- a on the town
- (countable) A night (and part of the days before and after it) spent in a hotel or other accommodation.
- We stayed at the Hilton for five nights.
- (countable) The quality of sleep obtained during a night.
- I had a bad last night.
- (uncountable) nightfall, Nightfall.
- from noon till
- (uncountable) darkness, Darkness.
- The cat disappeared into the .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for night for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of night