- A mesh of string, cord, or rope.
- A device made from such mesh, generally used for catching fish.
- A device made from such mesh, generally used for trapping something.
- Anything that has the appearance of such a device.
verb (net, t, ing)
- Petri net
- (by extension) A trap.
- caught in the prosecuting attorney's net
- (geometry) Of a polyhedron, any set of polygons joined edge to edge that, when folded along the edges between adjoining polygons so that the outer edges touch, form that polyhedron.
- (computing) A computer network.
- (transitive) To catch by means of a net.
- (transitive) (figurative) To catch in a trap.
- Remaining after expenses or deductions.
- net profit ; net weight
- final, Final.
- net result; net conclusion
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for net for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of net