- A structure built by a bird as a place to incubate eggs and rear young
- a place used by another mammal, fish, amphibian or insect, for depositing eggs and hatching young
- A snug, comfortable, or cozy residence or job situation
- a retreat, or place of habitual resort
- a hideout for bad people to frequent or haunt
- That nightclub is a of strange people!
- A home that a child or young adult shares with a parent, guardian, or a person acting in the capacity of a parent or guardian. A parental home.
- I am aspiring to leave the .
- (context, cards) A fixed amount of cards in some bidding games awarded to the highest bidder allowing him to exchange any or all with cards in his hand.
- I was forced to change trumps when I found the Ace, Jack, and nine of diamonds in the .
- (computing) a structure in a programming code, like blocks, functions, subroutines, etc.
- (intransitive) Of animals: To build or settle into a nest.
- (intransitive) To settle into a home.
- We loved the new house and were nesting there in 2 days!
- (intransitive) To successively neatly fit inside another.
- I bought a set of nesting mixing bowls for mom.
- (transitive) To place in, or as if in, a nest.
- (transitive) To place one thing neatly inside another, and both inside yet another (and so on).
- There would be much more room in the attic if you had nested all the empty boxes.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for nest for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of nest