- A bundle of neurons with their connective tissue sheaths, blood vessels, and lymphatics.
- (context, nonstandard, colloquial) A neuron.
- courage, Courage.
- patience, Patience.
- stamina, Stamina.
- audacity, Audacity.
verb (nerv, es)
- He had the nerve to enter my house uninvited.
- (in plural) agitation, Agitation caused by fear, stress, or other negative emotion.
- To give courage, sometimes with "up".
- May their example us to face the enemy.
- The liquor nerved up several of the men.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for nerve for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of nerve