- The nearby area, particularly when referring to home.
- We have just moved to a pleasant
- and by extension, it's inhabitants.
- The fire alarmed the neighborhood.
- (uncountable) The quality of proximity.
Etymology: (suffix, neighbor, hood)
- "Then the prison and the palace were in awful neighbourhood." — w:Edward Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton, Lord Lytton.
- (obsolete) The disposition becoming a neighbor; neighborly kindness or good will.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for neighborhood for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of neighborhood