- (photography) an image in which dark areas represent light ones, and the converse
- (grammar) a word that indicates negation
- (mathematics) a negative quantity
- (weightlifting): A rep performed with weight in which the muscle begins at maximum contraction and is slowly extended; a movement performed using only the eccentric phase of muscle movement.
- not positive or neutral
- inherently damaging; undesirable
- electrical charge of an electron and related particles
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for negative for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of negative