- Something needed.
- I've always tried to have few needs beyond food, clothing and shelter.
- (transitive): To have an absolute requirement for.
- Living things water to survive.
- (transitive): To want strongly; to feel that one must have something.
- After ten days of hiking, I needed a shower and a shave.
- (modal verb) To be obliged or required to.
- You not go if you don't want to.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for need for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of need