noun (nav, ies)
- a country's entire sea force, including ships and personnel.
- a governmental department in charge of a country's sea force.
- (color) a dark blue color, colour, usually called navy blue
- <table><tr><td>navy colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 000080" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- belonging to the navy.
- (colour) having a dark blue colour.
- From navis "ship" or "boat". Compare Persian (fa-Arab, ÙÙ) (nav, ship).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for navy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of navy