- A citizen of a nation.
- The diplomats were advised not to interact with any foreign nationals except on official duty.
- (usually plural) A tournament in which participants from all over the nation compete.
- After winning the regional tournament, the team advanced to the nationals.
- Of or having to do with a nation.
Etymology: From nation + -al.
- Import tariffs were raised for the interest.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for national for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of national