- (With a definite article) Forms the superlative of many adjectives.
- This is the important example.
- To a great extent or degree; highly.
- This is a unusual specimen.
- The majority of a specified group.
Etymology: Old English míst, mst, from Germanic. Cognate with Dutch meest, German meist, Swedish mest.
- Most simply choose to ignore it.
- The majority of people in general.
- Most want the best for their children.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for most for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of most