- A structure built for commemorative or symbolic reasons, or as a memorial; a commemoration.
Etymology: From Latin monumentum, "memorial" < Latin monÄre, "to remind"
- There is a on the town green to the soldiers who died in World War I.
- An important site owned by the community as a whole.
- An exceptionally or prideful achievement.
- An important burial vault or tomb.
- A legal document.
- A surveying reference point marked by a permanently fixed marker (a survey monument).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for monument for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of monument