noun (''normally uncountable, but moneys or monies)
- A generally accepted means of exchange and measure of value.
Etymology: From moneie (French: monnaie), From moneta.
- Before colonial times cowry shells imported from Mauritius were used as in Western Africa.
- A currency maintained by a state or other entity which can guarantee its value (such as a monetary union).
- Hard cash in the form of banknotes and coins, as opposed to cheques/checks or credit cards.
- The total value of liquid assets available for an individual or other economic unit, such as cash and bank deposits.
- wealth, Wealth
- He was born with .
- An item of value between two parties used for the exchange of goods or services.
- A person who funds an operation.
- As a modifier, of or pertaining to ; monetary.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for money for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of money