- (music) One of several ancient scales, one of which corresponds to the modern major scale and one to the harmonic minor scale
- A particular means of accomplishing something.
- What was the mode of entry?
- (statistics) A value occurring most frequently in a distribution
- (context, mathematics, physics) A state of a system that is represented by an eigenfunction of that system.
- (computing) One of various related sets of rules for processing data.
- In insert mode, characters typed are directly inserted into the buffer
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for mode for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of mode