- A unit of time equal to sixty seconds and one-sixtieth of an hour.
verb (minut, ing)
- You have twenty minutes to complete the test.
- A short but unspecified time period.
- Wait a , I"m not ready yet!
- A unit of angle equal to one-sixtieth of a degree.
- We need to be sure these maps are accurate to within one of arc.
- (in plural minutes) A (usually formal) written record of a meeting.
- Let"s look at the minutes of last week"s meeting.
- A minute of use of a telephone or other network, especially a cell phone network.
- If you buy this phone, you"ll get 100 free minutes.
- (transitive) Of an event, to write in a memo or the minutes of a meeting.
adjective (minut, er)
- I"ll this evening"s meeting.
- Very small.
- They found only quantities of chemical residue on his clothing.
- very careful and exact, giving small details.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for minute for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of minute