verb (min, ing)
- A place in the ground from which ore is extracted.
- A device intended to explode when stepped upon, touched, or in proximity to a ship or vehicle.
- A type of firework that explodes on the ground, shooting sparks upward.
- (transitive) To remove (ore) from the ground.
- Crater of Diamonds State Park is the only place in the world where visitors can their own diamonds.
- (transitive) To sow mines (the explosive devices) in (an area).
- We had to slow our advance after the enemy mined the road ahead of us.
- (transitive) To damage (a vehicle or ship) with a mine (an explosive device).
- <span class="use-with-mention">Non-premodifying possessive case of <span class="mention">I</span>.</span> my, My; belonging to me; that which belongs to me. (See
- Usage notes, usage notes below.)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for mine for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of mine