- (uncountable) A liquid secreted by the mammary glands of mammals to nourish their young.
- (countable, informal) An individual serving of milk.
- Table three ordered three milks. (Formally: The guests at table three ordered three glasses of .)
Etymology: Old English meolc. Compare Danish mílk, Dutch melk, Frisian molke, German Milch, Norwegian melk, Old English meolc, Swedish mjílk, Yiddish (milkh).
- (transitive) To express milk from (a mammal, especially a cow).
- (transitive) To express any liquid (from any creature).
- (transitive) To talk or write at length about (a particular point).
- (transitive) To take advantage of (a situation).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for milk for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of milk