verb (messages, messaging, messaged)
- A concept conveyed by symbology.
- (rfd-redundant) communications: Information which is sent from a source to a receiver.
- (rfd-redundant) An official communication, delivered by a messenger.
- (rfv-sense) (Ireland, colloquial, always plural) groceries
- (obsolete) To bear as a message.
- (communication) To transmit a message, e.g. as text via a cell phone.
Etymology: , from missaticum, from mittere, missum, to send.
- The runaway computer program was messaging non-stop.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for message for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of message