noun (plural menials)
- A servant, especially a domestic servant.
- A person who has a subservient nature.
- His sister was a girl, but he sought to help her develop a mind of her own.
Etymology: Middle English meinial, from Anglo-French meignial, from meignee, household, from Vulgar Latin mÄnsiÅnÄta, from Latin mÄnsiÅ, mÄnsiÅn, house.
- Of or relating to work normally performed by a servant.
- Of or relating to unskilled work.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for menial for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of menial