- (uncountable) Food that comes from the muscle or other part of an animal.
- (countable) A type of meat.
- Any sort of flesh.
- The apple looked fine on the outside, but the was not very firm.
- volume, Volume or substance
- If the assembly is too flexible, we could add some more to the supports to stiffen it up.
- (figurative) The best part of something
- We recruited him right from the of our competitor.
- (baseball) The sweet spot
- He hit it right on the of the bat.
- Throw it in here, .
- (context, Australian Aboriginal) a totem
- 1949, Oceania, Vol. XX
- :When a stranger comes to an aboriginal camp or settlement in north-western NSW, he is asked by one of the older aborigines: "What (clan) are you?"
- 1973, M. Fennel & A. Grey, Nucoorilma
- :Granny Sullivan was "dead against" the match at first because they did not know "what my was and because I was a bit on the fair side."
- 1977, A. K. Eckermann, Group Organisation and Identity
- :Some people maintained that she was "sung" because her family had killed or eaten the "" (totem) of another group.
- 1992, P. Taylor Tell it Like it Is
- :Our family " usually married the red kangaroo "".
- 1993, J. Janson, Gunjies
- :That"s a beautiful goanna. ". He"s my , can"t eat him.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for meat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of meat