- (obsolete) A public declaration; an open statement; a manifesto.
- A list or invoice of the passengers or goods being carried by a commercial vehicle or ship.
- To show plainly; to make to appear distinctly, " usually to the mind; to put beyond question or doubt; to display; to exhibit.
- His courage manifested itself via the look on his face.
- To exhibit the manifests or prepared invoices of; to declare at the customhouse.
- Evident to the senses, esp. to the sight; apparent; distinctly perceived; hence, obvious to the understanding; apparent to the mind; easily apprehensible; plain; not obscure or hidden.
- manifest of (rare) Detected; convicted.
Etymology: Latin manifestus, manufestus "palpable, manifest", from manus "hand" +
- Calistho there stood manifest of shame. "Dryden.
- festus, participle of
- fendere "strike" (seen also in defendere, offendere, etc.).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for manifest for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of manifest