- An adult male human.
- A mensch; a person of integrity and honor.
verb (man, n, ed)
- 1883, w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, wikisource:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- He's more a than any pair of rats of you in this here house...
- An abstract person; any man or woman.
- every for himself
- (context, collective) All humans collectively; mankind. Also Man.
- A piece or token used in board games such as chess.
- (transitive) To supply with staff or crew (of either sex).
Etymology: (term, mann, lang=ang).
- The shipped was manned with a small crew.
- (transitive) To take up position in order to operate something.
- Man the lifeboats!
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for man for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of man