- Something that protrudes, sticks out, or sticks together; a cluster or blob; a mound, hill, or group.
- Stir the gravy until there are no more lumps.
- A group, set, or unit.
- The money arrived all at once as one big sum payment.
Etymology: Confer German Lumpen ("rag") and Lump ("ragamuffin").
- To treat as a single unit; to group together.
- People tend to turtles and tortoises together, when in fact they are different creatures.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lump for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of lump