- Of a sound, of great intensity.
- Turn that music down, it's too loud.
- Of a person, event, etc, noisy.
- Of a person, event, etc, non-subtle, irrevelant.
- Of a colour, clothing, etc, having unpleasantly and tastelessly contrasting colours or patterns.
- You, there, wearing the purple tie with green stripes and red polka dots, I may not be able to hear you over that tie, so you may need to shout a little. - Supervisor 246 in Paul Robinson's Instrument of God
Etymology: Old English hlÅd
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for loud for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of loud