- (linguistics) A long vowel.
- (intransitive) To await, to aspire, to want (for something to occur)
- She longed for him to come back.
- Having much distance from one terminating point on an object or an area to another terminating point. Long usually applies to horizontal dimensions. (italbrac, see Usage Notes)
- It's a way from the Earth to the Moon.
- Of things that take much time or are of great duration.
- The pyramids of Egypt have been around for a time.
- (finance) possessing or owning stocks, bonds or other financial instruments.
- (cricket) of a fielding position, close to the boundary (or closer to the boundary than the equivalent short position)
- Over a great distance in space.
- He threw the ball .
- For a duration in time.
- Will this interview take ?
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for long for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of long