verb (liv, ing)
- (intransitive) To be alive; to have life.
- He's not expected to for more than a few months.
- (intransitive) To have permanent residence somewhere.
- I at 2a Acacia Avenue.
- (intransitive) To survive, to persevere, to continue.
- Her memory lives in that song.
- Having life; that is alive. Used attributively.
- The post office will not ship animals.
- Of firearms or explosives, capable of causing harm.
- The air force practices dropping bombs on the uninhabited island.
- (context, circuitry) Electrically charged or energized, usually indicating that the item may cause electrocution if touched.
- Use caution when working near wires.
- (poker) Being a bet which can be raised by the bettor, usually in reference to a blind or straddle.
- Tommy's blind was , so he was given the option to raise.
- Of an event, as it happens; in real time; direct.
Etymology: (rfc-level, Etymology not at level 3) libban
- The concert was broadcast by radio.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for live for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of live