- (uncountable) The natural medium emanating from the sun and other very hot sources (now recognised as electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength of 400-750 nm), within which vision is possible.
verb (lights, lighting, lit or lighted)
- As you can see, this spacious dining-room gets a lot of in the mornings.
- A source of illumination.
- Put that out!
- Spiritual or mental illumination; enlightenment, useful information.
- Can you throw any on this problem?
- A notable person within a specific field or discipline.
- Picasso was one of the leading lights of the cubist movement.
- A point of view, or aspect from which a concept, person or thing is regarded.
- I'm really seeing you in a different today.
- A flame or something used to create fire.
- Hey, buddy, you got a ?
- A window, or space for a window in architecture
- This facade has eight south-facing s.
- The series of squares reserved for the answer to a crossword clue
- The average length of a on a 15x15 grid is 7 or 8.
- To start a fire.
- To illuminate.
- having light
- pale in colour
- (coffee) served with extra milk or cream
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for light for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of light