- A legal document giving official permission to do something, a permit.
- The legal terms under which a person is allowed to use a product, especially software.
verb (licens, ing)
- Even if you bought this product, it does NOT belong to you. You have a to use it under the terms of this agreement, until you breach this agreement.
- Freedom to deviate deliberately from normally applicable rules or practices (especially in behavior or speech)
- Excessive freedom; lack of due restraint.
- When liberty becomes dictatorship is near, Will Durant
- An academic degree, the holder of which is called a licentiate, ranking slightly below doctorate, awarded by certain European and South American Universities.
- The act of giving a formal (usually written) authorization.
- It was decided to license Wikipedia under the GFDL.
- Authorize officially.
- I am licensed to practice law in this state.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for license for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of license