- The left side.
- (politics) The ensemble of left-wing political party, parties. Political liberals as a group.
- The political is not holding enough power.
- (boxing) A punch delivered with the left fist.
- (past of, leave)
adjective (more left, leftmost)
- (Ireland) (colloquial) permitted, allowed to proceed.
- We were not go to the beach after school except on a weekend.
- The west side of the body when one is facing north.
- (politics) Pertaining to the political left; liberal.
Etymology: From Middle English, left, lift, luft; from Anglo-Saxon, left, lyft lit. worthless, weak allied to Anglo-Saxon lyft-ídl, a palsy.
- On or towards the left side.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for left for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of left