verb (learns, learning, learned or learnt)
- To acquire, or attempt to acquire knowledge or an ability to do something.
- To attend a course or other educational activity.
- 1719: w:Daniel Defoe, Daniel Defoe, w:Robinson Crusoe, Robinson Crusoe
- : For, as he took delight to introduce me, I took delight to learn.
- To make use of a bad experience.
- To improve, maybe used in an order.
- Learn how to do it better!
- To be studying to take a driving test etc, or to do a driving test etc.
- To come to know; to become informed of; to find out.
- He just learned that he will be sacked.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for learn for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of learn