noun (laws, -)
- A written or understood rule that concerns behaviours and the appropriate consequences thereof. Laws are usually associated with mores.
- (uncountable) The body of rules issued by the legislative authority.
- (uncountable) The body of rules and standards to be applied by courts and similar authorities
- A one-sided contract.
- A well-established, observed physical characteristic or behavior of nature.
Etymology: Old English lagu.
- Newton and Einstein understood the of gravitation in very different ways.
- (mathematics) A statement that is true under specified conditions.
- A category of English "common law" petitions that request monetary relief, as opposed to relief in forms other than a monetary judgment; compare to "equity".
- (cricket) One of the official rules of cricket as codified by the MCC.
- (slang) (uncountable) The police.
- Here comes the " run!
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for law for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of law