- (geography) The angular distance north or south from the equator, measured along the meridian of that particular point.
- (geography) An imaginary line (in fact a circle) around the Earth running parallel to the equator.
- The relative freedom from restrictions.
- (astronomy) The angular distance of a heavenly body from the ecliptic.
- (photography) The extent to which a light-sensitive material can be over- or underexposed and still achieve an acceptable result.
Etymology: latitude, latitudo, from latus broad, wide, for older stlatus
- Wikipedia article on (w, exposure latitude)
- extent, Extent or scope; e.g. breadth, width or amplitude.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for latitude for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of latitude