- a tool for shaping or preserving the shape of shoes
- 2006, Newman, Cathy, Every Shoe Tells a Story, National Geographic (September, 2006), 83,
- : How is an in-your-face black leather thigh-high lace-up boot with a four-inch spike heel like a man's black calf lace-up oxford? They are both made on a , the wood or plastic foot-shaped form that leather is stretched over and shaped to make a shoe.
- (context, obsolete, transitive) To perform, carry out.
- (intransitive) To endure, continue over time.
- Summer seems to longer each year.
- (intransitive) To hold out, continue undefeated or entire.
- I don't know how much longer we can without reinforcements.
- final, Final, ultimate, coming after all others of its kind.
- Most recent, latest, last so far.
- after everything else
- Last but not least
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for last for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of last