- A young sheep, of up to one year of age.
- The flesh of a lamb used as food.
- (figuratively) A person who is meek, docile and easily led.
- (intransitive) Of a sheep, to give birth.
- (context, transitive, or, intransitive) To assist (sheep) to give birth.
Etymology: Old English, lamb, from Germanic
- The shepherd was up all night, lambing her young ewes.
- lamboz-. Cognate with German Lamm, Dutch lam, Swedish and Norwegian lamm, Danish lam.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lamb for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of lamb